Monday, March 7, 2011

Carnival 2011



Every year at Carnival time I make a card to add to the mountains of miscellaneous Mardi Gras junk. I put no credit line or identification of any kind on it. Random, masked, irreverent - Mardi Gras. It makes it's debut at the Krewe of Eris parade which passes right under the window of my second floor shop on Decatur on the Sunday evening before Mardi Gras. I fling hundreds of cards out the window to the revelers below. I swear they cheer. It is thrilling. You have to be there to get a card, or otherwise run into me sometime between Sunday and Tuesday. Here is a representation of this year's card. It is a pale, digital shadow of the real thing.

I was inspired by the fundamentalist jerks who come to New Orleans every year to tell all us faggot degenerates that we are going to burn in hell. Just to look at their pinched, aggrieved faces amidst the throngs of happy, loving people they condemn is to know that they are in hell already and we are in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment