Wednesday, March 3, 2021




I print letterpress for a living. Sometimes I print things on the side that I don't intend to sell, instead I just put them out and see if I can't help push the conversation along. Often as not this conversation would probably not help my business. So, now that there is no place like coffeeshops to drop them, and I want to protect my regular customers from scary thoughts, I turn to this blog. 

Here's the latest. My sister asked how to pronounce "simony" and I said I thought it was long i (sigh-mon-ee), but I had to look it up and I found the story of Simon the Magus, who wanted to buy the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Apostles set him straight, but I say, why stop at healing and speaking in tongues? The air, the water, the land, our health, understanding,  . . .  all these are free from the Creator. And like Woody Guthrie, when I see a "no trespassing" sign I look on the back side. That side was made for you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment